Here are 10 Actions You can take that will Impact the Environment on Earth Day and Every Day!
- Buy what you need, not what you want
- Refill Water Bottles instead of buying new
- Turn off the lights when you don't need them
- Walk, cycle, car pool and use public transportation
- Choose local and organic foods that are in season, and support local food producers
- Go Veggie at least once a week - How about going Veggie on Earth Day?
- Wash full loads of clothes in cold water and hang to air dry
- Use fans instead of air conditioning
- Make a plan at home on ways your family can go green
- Take short showers instead of baths
- Close water taps while brushing your teeth
- Choose natural, non-toxic cleaning products
- Donate, reuse and recycle items before throwing them into the trash
- Harmful materials like chemicals, batteries, electronics, etc. should be taken to local hazardous waste depots or recyclers
Taken from: http://www.earthday.ca/pub/resources/top10.php